Let’s talk about instagram.
Do you use it? Absolutely. Are you addicted? Probably. What is your favorite hashtag? #goldendoodlesofinstagram Your favorite account to follow? This is a super long list! Do you plan your posts? Not the way I should, as a business owner. I’m working on that. What kinds of accounts do you interact with the most? My inner circle + the people I find to be an inspiration!
So, today I’m going to share a few accounts (ok, 10!) that I love to follow, and why.
- Shawna @styleberrycreative :: I found Shawna way back in 2010 when Sophia was born. I was super interested in cloth diapering and she had a great informational blog post about it. So, I started following her blog, and her instagram. She has since moved on from the baby stage and into her passionate career of interior design. That girl has a gift! Her style is what mine aspires to be, and I really enjoy following her work. I also love how she clearly compartmentalizes her work from her family, ensuring that her number one priority is always her children and their needs.
- Ellen Fisher @ellenfisher :: Ellen is a young mother of three, and when I first found her instagram account, I thought she was nuts. She moved with her husband to Hawaii (hello, dream life!) to have easier access to raw foods in season 24/7/365. She and her husband were totally raw vegan, and now while they’re mostly raw, they’re still 100% vegan. I am not a vegan anymore, and I probably won’t ever be again… but I love her instagram account. Not only does she have great photos and food ideas, and gorgeous children, but she is a wonderful mother. I am constantly working on being a ‘peaceful parent’ and Ellen does too. She unschools her children which I find fascinating and I wish I had the guts or ability to do the same. For such a young woman, she is so inspiring. You should definitely follow along on her bright journey!
- Dana Linn Bailey @danalinnbailey :: So, if you know anything about the fitness industry, you know who she is. Beautiful, adventurous, chasing her dreams and accomplishing them. I started following her long ago when she was on the road to Olympia. Now I follow along for her cute silly faces and her goats. Oh and jeeping adventures. Dana is super inspiring in so many ways, and I love the relationship she has with her husband. They’re besties, and that is aspirational. She’s also plant based now, so I enjoy her cooking adventures as well.
- Orlando Sorio @mrorlandosoria :: Another interior designer, this guy’s insta stories make me LOL on the daily. He uses a lot of mid century modern style in his projects and that keeps me coming back for inspiration! I love MCM and so his designs are always so fun to me. The fact that he could also be a comedian doesn’t hurt. You can’t forget orMOMdo, either. His mama is adorable and I love it when he features her in his stories.
- Teggy Weichert @teggyfrench :: fashion. FASH-UNNNN. This woman is so bold in her clothing choices and classic at the same time. I wish I could pull off half her looks. Her instagram feed is bright and often retro, and I am so totally crazy over her clothing choices. She also just had a baby and he’s absolutely the cutest ever!
- Adam Schafer @mindpumpadam :: Adam is the host of my all time favorite podcast, Mind Pump Radio. So, there are 3 hosts, Adam, Sal, and Justin (linked each host to his instagram feed). I love all three of those dudes, but Adam’s insta is my fave because he posts new books to read all the time. Adam’s Li-Berry (giggle) story is pinned to his profile, woo! One more thing: I highly recommend listening to their podcast if you haven’t, it is a treasure trove of great information and plenty of LOLs.
- The Equality Institute @theequalityinstitute :: For your daily dose of feminism and self love! I follow a lot of feminist and pro-female instagram accounts. viva la girl power!
- Turtle Creek Lane @turtlecreeklane :: This is another interior designer, but her style is the polar opposite of mine. I find her instagram feed to be intriguing because there is SO.MUCH.STUFF. in her house. Everything is gorgeous! It is like a wonderland themed from whichever holiday is coming up. Her work is so fun! It is way too much for me personally but I super love seeing her decor and her smiling face! She truly loves what she does and that makes me enjoy her feed 100x more.
- TED Talks @ted :: TED talks cover every subject imaginable and I don’t think we should ever stop learning. Lately I’ve been so frustrated by people in my life who just flat out refuse to explore the world from someone else’s perspective(they’re on instagram, too). I wish that I could make everyone I know watch one ted talk per day for the next month and see how their mindset shifts. I’ll just leave my comments at that, but I do want to encourage every single person to change the channel off FOX or CNN and actually learn something about someone different than you… without all the media hype and smoke and mirrors for sensationalism. Whether you want to learn about human psychology or electricity or how to DO something specific.. you should follow along and watch a ted talk or a hundred.
- Louise Hay Affirmations on instagram @louise_hay_affirmations :: I love Louise Hay’s work and her message. I’m glad someone is posting her work in small squares on instagram. A daily dose of positivity!
I am sure there are many more instagram accounts that I love and you would too, but this list might go on forever! Who are your favorite follows on insta? I hope you can add me to that list! @kandicepoirier 🙂